Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of helping your local business’ website rise through the organic search results of search engines like Google. Google is the main search engine we target, as it has the vast majority of the market share. Some business owners view SEO with skepticism and believe it’s an over-hyped technology. Other business owners are open to the idea of SEO but don’t know if its worth the investment. Regardless of which camp you’re in, I’ll have convinced you of the importance of SEO by the end of this article.
Top 8 Reasons Why Your Business Needs SEO
- 78 Percent of Americans use the Internet. Ignoring online traffic is a horrible idea because those 78 percent of Americans will end up finding your competitors business online. This brings me to my second point…
- 93 percent of all online traffic comes from search engines. Most of your potential clients will find you through search engines, thus making it essential that your business implement a proper SEO strategy.
- 60 Percent of all clicks go to the top 3 organic search results, and the top position gets 37 percent of all clicks. What this means is that you must aim to be no.1 and anything less than the top 3 is not acceptable. If you’re currently in the middle or the bottom of the first page of Google it’s a good idea to invest in SEO to propel you to the top of SEO.
- Clients that find you through SEO are already interested in buying what you have. The close rate for SEO leads is 14.6 % as compared to a paltry 1.7 percent from outbound leads (from cold calling, mail, and other methods of advertising). This means that investing in SEO will bring in highly interested leads that are much easier to sell to than cold leads. They are searching for you!
- 40 Percent of SEO campaigns results in a ROI of greater than 500 percent. The best SEO companies like ESIOH have the ability to run extremely profitable campaigns for clients. Other forms of advertising usually have much lower ROIs, which is why SEO is a must for any local business.
- Leads from SEO have a 25 percent higher conversion rate for purchases than leads from PPC (Pay per click advertising). Customers trust organic search results over paid advertising. When customers click on an organic listing they don’t have their “anti-advertising” guard up.
- Shoppers spent over a shocking 1 Billion $ online on Black Friday, which is one single calendar day. Consumers are more and more willing to buy products/services online.
- 70 percent of customers will check an online source before going to a local business or restaurant. Customers will Google for local businesses when they need it. Yellow Pages is outdated as all customers have to do is Google for whatever they are searching for. SEO is far more relevant for your business than taking an ad out in the Yellow Pages.
If you’re interested in learning more about what SEO can do for your business, please contact us. We have years of experience in the industry and are one of the industry leaders in SEO. We are based in Marina del Rey, bordering Venice Beach and Santa Monica and welcome in-off consultations for businesses close to Santa Monica.